1] Introduction and General Terms
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use nformation we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2] What information will we collect about you?
3]How will we use the information we collect about you?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide, see especially the FAQ’s
- to personalise the way our content is presented to;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on junipp.net.com. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4] When will we contact you?
We may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to junipp.net.com, e.g. on our message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below) Local pages will give you detailed information about how we will contact you in relation to specific services.
5] Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6] Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within our company. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes. Please note that if you are accessing the website from outside the UK and you make a comment or complaint regarding any element of advertising then we may forward your correspondence to Advertiser only for the purposes of responding to you.
7] Offensive or inappropriate content on junipp.net.com
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to junipp.net.com, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on junipp.net.com, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8] What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9] How long will we keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us or our corporate retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a junipp.net.com member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically. Where you contribute to junipp.net.com we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, we will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition. However other projects are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
10] Can I find out what personal information we holds about you?
11] What if I am accessing the website outside the UK?
www.junipp.net is published in the UK by junipp.net. No restrictions are in place.
13] What is a cookie?